Legal and Ethical Aspects of Professional Psychology
Write a 1750- 2100 word paper in which you examine the legal aspects of recordkeeping and providing expert testimony. As part of your examination, address the following items:
· Analyze the ethical issues related to documenting informed consent and ethical release of treatment and assessment records.
· Which enforceable standards are relevant to the release of treatment-related materials and disclosure of information arising out of treatment?
· Provide specific examples of what each enforceable standard requires or prohibits.
· Provide a rationale for your proposed actions in your example and why they are consistent with ethical guidelines.
· Evaluate the legal issues associated with assessment, testing, and diagnosis documentation in professional psychology.
· What specific legal issues can arise in documenting assessment, testing, and diagnosis?
· Provide specific examples that support your evaluation.
· Provide a rationale for your proposed actions in your example and why they are consistent with legal requirements.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Use a minimum of 2 peer reviewed (scholarly journal articles) sources.