The main part of the coursework is its core and foundation, the basis of the research. It can exist even without an introduction, conclusion, or title page. Although in this form, it is unlikely to be accepted by the scientific advisor. Let’s figure out how to write this part correctly so that the teacher does not have any questions.
What does the main part of the coursework include?
The main part consists of chapters and paragraphs, which are the essence of the course project. The permissible number of chapters is from 2 to 4, paragraphs – from 6 to 8. The number depends on the specialty, topic and is prescribed in the guidelines.
The structure of work is mostly determined by the specialty and type of research. Usually, it includes theoretical and practical (design) parts, and in some cases, also a part with the analysis of the collected information.
In the theoretical section, all research related to the topic of the course is analyzed. You need to state the problem’s essence, evaluate possible options for solving it and formulate your intermediate conclusion.
- The practical section is devoted to scientific research, which is to find real ways to solve the assigned tasks.
- In the analysis section, you should be presented with a detailed analysis of the research problem’s facts. Try to describe their reasons, disadvantages, and advantages.
General requirements for coursework design:
- Font type and size – Times New Roman 12 or 14 points;
- Line spacing – 1.5;
- Alignment – in width;
- Indentation size: left – 2.5 cm, right – 1.5 cm, bottom and top – 2 cm;
- Sheet format – A4;
- Bold for chapter, paragraph, and subheadings;
- Paragraph indentation – 1.5 cm;
- Numbering starts from the second page (but the title page is taken into account).
How to style the title correctly.
The heading should reflect the essence of the chapter or paragraph and be centered on the page. There is no dot at the end. A branch, unlike a section, always starts a new page. A paragraph can continue as the text progresses.
Chapters are written in capital letters. For paragraphs, the first letter is uppercase, and the rest are lowercase.
We make out the introductory part.
The purpose of the introduction is to familiarize readers with the content briefly. Indicate the goals, objectives, object, subject, and relevance of the study. Limit yourself to one paragraph for each element.
What the reader should understand from your introduction:
- What the work is about;
- What questions do you raise in it;
- What result do you want to achieve?
What to consider when writing a coursework opinion
The purpose of the conclusion is more or less clear: to draw conclusions, to assess whether the set goals have been achieved, to describe the prospects for studying the topic in the future.
The conclusion is allocated from 3 to 5 pages. Try to make the most of this volume. The conclusions are essential for you and the teacher.
How to format graphs, tables, and diagrams
All illustrative and auxiliary information needs special attention during the design.
Stick to the rules:
- Each table has its serial number and name, which is located above it;
- The name of the diagrams and figures is placed under them;
- No dots after names;
- If the illustrative material does not fit on the page, it cannot be carried over to the next. In such cases, it is issued as an application (attached to the work separately);
- If the table or figure is not yours but borrowed, do not hesitate to indicate their authors. If you did everything yourself but were inspired by some ready-made drawings, tables, etc., then tell who precisely.
What to remember
Three important tips:
- Do the decoration as you write. Do not leave everything for later, as the term paper is voluminous, and you may not be in time.
- Ensure that there are no mistakes in the work, including grammatical, stylistic, and any other.
- Study requirements and the manual, compare and analyze the requirements. Write down what you need to complete your work.
Do you not have time or do not want to study coursework on your own? Get help from experienced experts.