What might you do differently as a result of that experience and your reflection on it? what actions do your reflections lead you to?
A written reflection on one of your teaching sessions ( a ‘critical incident’ or a ‘significant event’ which demonstrate a structured review of the session, makes
brief reference to a relevant educational debate, knowledge and literatu
The ‘critical incident’ or the the ‘significant event’ that you choose to focus on should be something that provokes strong feelings (either positive or negative) from
which you can extract in depth learning. In order to structure your reflection, you might want to consider the following questions.
1. What happened that most surprised you?
2. What patterns can you recognize in your experience?
3. What was the most fulfilling part of it? and the least fulfilling part of it? What does that suggest to you about values?
4. what happened that contradicted your prior beliefs? what happened that confirmed your prior beliefs?
5. how do you feel about the experience now compared with how you felt at the time.
6. what does the experience suggest to you about your strengths?
7. What does the experience suggest to you about your weakness and opportunities for development?
8. How else could you view that experience?
9. What did you learn from the experience about how you react?
10. What other options did you have at the time?
11. Is there anything about the experience that was familiar to you?
12. What might you do differently as a result of that experience and your reflection on it? what actions do your reflections lead you to?
The assignment needs to show theoretical underpinnings that frame your reflection and also situate it within the context of relevant educational debate, knowledge and
literature. finally you should draw out developmental points and future actions.
NB My role in my organisation is a Practice Development Nurse and I lecture both nursing students and post registered nurses in clinical practice.
The post What might you do differently as a result of that experience and your reflection on it? what actions do your reflections lead you to? appeared first on My Nursing Paper.