PART-1 What are some similarities and differences between behavior and cognitive theories?
PART-2 Let’s examine how we assess learning. What are some methods of assessment and what are some pros and cons of these?
PART-3 Review this week’s course materials and learning activities, and reflect on your learning so far this week. Respond to one or more of the following prompts in one to two paragraphs:
- Describe what you found interesting regarding this topic, and why.
- Describe how you will apply that learning in your daily life, including your work life.
- Describe what may be unclear to you, and what you would like to learn.
**Provide citation and reference to the material(s) you discuss.
- Complete Parts 1 and 2 for this assignment.
Watch the “Ethics vs. Psychological Research” video in the Week One Electronic Reserve Readings.
Professional psychologists, in nonclinical fields, provide valuable consultation services to governmental, corporate, nonprofit agency, and individual clients. Many times this advice focuses on application of learning theory to educational or training tasks.
Select one of the following professional fields:
- Environmental or evolutionary psychology
- Forensic psychology
- Health or sports psychology
- Industrial/organizational or engineering psychology
- Create a 5- to 7-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with speaker notes for a client explaining psychological learning theory and how it can be applied in the workplace.
Address the following in your presentation:
- How the basic tenants of theory influence the study of learning
- How psychological learning theory can be applied in the workplace
- Provide examples of how research methods are used to study the process of learning
- Any American Psychological Association (APA) ethical guidelines or specific division ethical guidelines relevant to your presentation
- Note. If you select industrial/organizational psychology, you might prepare a presentation for an audience of manufacturers on how learning theory can be used to design effective training programs for product assemblers on a moving assembly line.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.