What are some red flags that would indicate client resistance?
What are some red flags that would indicate client resistance? How can you most effectively deal with resistance? Will a client with substance use disorder be more resistant than a client with a general mental health disorder? What would be the impact in involving significant others in treatment? Explain your response.
This discussion question meets the following NASAC Standards:
40) Examine treatment implications in collaboration with the client and significant others.
41) Confirm the readiness of the client and significant others to participate in treatment.
71) Apply generally accepted measures of treatment outcome.
72) Utilize referral skills, as described in Section 3.
112) Prepare and record treatment and continuing care plans that are consistent with agency standards and comply with applicable administrative rules.