stereotypes prejudice and discrimination
- This assignment is designed to allow you to demonstrate your understanding of stereotypes, prejudice, and discrimination by citing examples, exploring the causes, and addressing the challenges people face because of stereotypes, prejudice, and discrimination.
Acts of prejudice, discrimination, and stereotyping must be identified and eliminated in all areas of society and especially in the workplace. These attitudes and actions affect employee working relationships and team dynamics. Prejudice, discrimination, and stereotypes can affect hiring practices, employee reviews, and task assignments. In this assignment, you also discuss ways to eliminate or diminish the presence of these issues in the United States.
Imagine you work in middle management at a medium-sized furniture manufacturing facility. You have been asked to contribute to developing your company’s new diversity training. You are assigned to prepare the section on stereotypes, prejudice, and discrimination.
Create a 5- to 10-slide presentation, with speaker notes and at least 3 images, that includes the following:
- Definitions of the following terms:
- At least 1 example each of stereotypes, prejudice, and discrimination
- Causes of stereotypes, prejudice, and discrimination
- Challenges that people face because of stereotypes, prejudice, and discrimination
- Ways that stereotypes, prejudice, and discrimination can be eliminated
- Review rubric to be sure you have included what is required.
Note: See the information below on creating a PowerPoint® presentation.
Read Basic Tasks for Creating a Powerpoint® Presentation to help you create appropriate presentations for the workplace.
Watch How to Make a Presentation to learn basic guidelines to help you create appropriate presentations for the workplace.