1. Describe sociological thinking of families and how it has changed over time.
2. Analyze patterns of marriage, childbearing, and divorce.
3. Recognize alternatives to traditional marriage and family patterns.
4. Discuss sociologists’ explanations for achievement gaps between different groups of students.
5. Describe sociological perspectives on the role of schooling in society.
6. Identify whether education reduces or perpetuates inequality and how social/cultural influences impact educational achievement.
7. Identify current educational issues that concern sociologists.