Write a fully developed and detailed APA essay addressing each of the following points/questions. 2500 word count; be sure to completely answer all the questions for each question in detail. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least one (1) source using citations in your essay. Make sure to cite using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page are required. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
Conduct a literature search to select a qualitative research study on the topic identified in Module 1. ( The clinical question identified in this section is about chronic neck pain in adults). Conduct an initial critical appraisal of the study.
Respond to the overview questions for the critical appraisal of qualitative studies, including:
- What type of qualitative research design was utilized to conduct the study?
- Are the results valid/trustworthy and credible?
- How were the participants chosen?
- How were accuracy and completeness of data assured?
- How plausible/believable are the results?
- Are implications of the research stated?
- May new insights increase sensitivity to others’ needs?
- May understandings enhance situational competence?
- What is the effect on the reader?
- Are the results plausible and believable?
- Is the reader imaginatively drawn to the experience?
- What are the results of the study?
- Does the research approach fit the purpose of the study?
- How does the researcher identify the study approach?
- Are the data collection and analysis techniques appropriate?
- Is the significance/importance of the study explicit?
- Does the literature support a need for the study?
- What is the study’s potential contribution?
- Is the sampling clear and guided by study needs?
- Does the researcher control selection of the sample?
- Do sample size and composition reflect the study needs?
- Is the phenomenon (human experience) clearly identified?
- Are data collection procedures clear?
- Are sources and means of verifying data explicit?
- Are researcher roles and activities explained?
- Are data analysis procedures described?
- Does analysis guide directions of sampling when it ends?
- Are data management processes described?
- What are the reported results (descriptive or interpretation)?
- How are specific findings presented?
- Are the data meanings derived from data described in context?
- Does the writing effectively promote understanding?
- Will the results help me care for my patients?
- Are the results relevant to persons in similar situations?
- Are the results relevant to patient values and/or circumstances?
- How may the results be applied to clinical practice?