Lippincott Clinical Experiences Simulation-Correctional Facility Nursing: Promise Heights Jail (4 clinical hours equivalency)
DUE NO LATER THAN SUNDAY OF WEEK 8.
These are the instructions for accessing the Lippincott Clinical Experiences Simulation.
1. If you don’t already have access to Lippincott CoursePoint for Community, Public, and Population Health Nursing, redeem your ACCESS CODE (obtained from the bookstore) and complete registration at http://thePoint.lww.com/activate.
2. From the â€œMy Contentâ€ page, click on Lippincott CoursePoint for Community, Public, and Population Health Nursing.
3. On the welcome screen or from â€œMy Classesâ€, select â€œJoin a Classâ€, enter your CLASS CODE (from the bookstore) and click â€œEnrollâ€.
If you experience any problems, check the code again and re-enter it. If it does not work, contact Lippincott Online Product Support at 1-800-468-1128 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Please note that use of Internet Explorer is NOT supported.
Not sure what an ACCESS CODE is?Learn more at http://thepoint.lww.com/Help/BookAccess.
You must successfully complete MODULE #8 in the Lippincott Clinical Experiences (located on The Point) to earn 4 hours of clinical equivalency.
MODULE #8: Correctional Facility Nursing: Promise Heights Jail
Activity #1: Virtual Experience
Within the virtual experience (available via Lippincott thePoint), you will observe various “choose the best responses” to the interactive inmate scenarios. You will take notes and collect data during this virtual simulation.
Activity #2: Role of the Correctional Nurse
* First read the articles by Dhaliwal and Hirst (2016); Choudhry, Armstrong, & Dregan (2017); and Williams & Heavey (2014). These are located in thePoint under “Virtual Experience Prep”.
* Review the grading rubric for this assignment.
* Based on your readings and completion of the virtual experience, prepare an 8-10 slide powerpoint presentation that includes ALL of the following elements:
1. Title slide (your name, course number, date, and title: Correctional Nursing
2. Define and describe the role of the correctional nurse
3. Compare the role of the correctional nurse to the role of nurses in other settings.
4. Describe the preparation and experience that would be helpful to succeed in a correctional nursing role.
5. Propose 2 interventions targeting the improvement of the health of the prison population.
6. Reference slide (APA format) 3 references at minimum. At least one must be a NURSING journal.
* 8 slides minimum, 10 slides maximum
* Upload the Powerpoint presentation for grading. You must use this file naming format: LastName_FirstName_LCE_Prison
Activity #4: Post Activity Quiz
Complete the post-quiz activity that is located on thePoint.