principles of delegation in the healthcare setting.
- Demonstrate the use of clinical reasoning in prioritizing and evaluating the delivery of client care.
- Demonstrate principles of collaborative practice within the nursing and healthcare teams fostering mutual respect and shared decision-making to achieve stated outcomes of care.
For this discussion, we are going to focus on delegation in the workplace. Read the following scenario, review the principles of delegation in the healthcare setting. see attached and then submit your answers the three questions below (Be sure to reference your information source in APA format!) You are working the night shift on a medical unit and have been assigned charge nurse responsibilities. You are working with four RNs, one LPN, and two CNAs (nurse’s aides or care partners). A patient becomes pulseless and is not breathing, and the nurse assigned to the patient’s care calls a code. The nurse is occupied at this patient’s bedside for 1.5 hours until the patient is stabilized and transferred to the intensive care unit. The nurse also has four other assigned patients. In addition to the nurse assigned to the patient requiring resuscitation, two of the other RNs working on your unit are assisting in the code.
(1) During the time of the resuscitation efforts, what tasks could be delegated to the UAP (NCP) in order to help with the care of the patients that are assigned to the three RNs that are involved in the resuscitation?
(2) How will you, as the charge nurse, maintain the safety of the other patients on your unit while the three RNs are occupied with the resuscitation efforts? principles of delegation in the healthcare setting.
(3) How might effective delegation to other team members contribute to care for the patients on the unit?
Your response should be scholarly, between 150 and 200 words for each question, and include at least one peer-reviewed nursing journal article to support your comments. (Your in-text citations and reference should in in correct APA format.) Be sure to use correct grammar and sentence structure.