The success of a small business is based on its ability to communicate and meet the needs of its target market. One of the most important ways to do this is with a promotional plan. In the past, promotional plans were seen as short-term ways to boost revenues and market share. Current research has shown that promotion is a direct link to customer loyalty and retention. For this reason, small businesses should produce a promotional plan.
The objective of the promotional plan assignment is to gain experience applying a promotional strategy to help a firm gain competitive advantage. This assignment will help you apply and integrate all of the course objectives for MKG425.
For milestone Portfolio Option #1, you will write a paper that includes the following:
- an introduction to your selected organization including the name of the business, the industry, and a brief description of its promotional needs;
- the product or service you will promote; and
- the type of the promotional activity plan you will utilize for the project.
Your paper must meet the following requirements:
- Be 2-3 pages in length, not including the cover page and reference page.
- Support your answers with at least three scholarly journal articles (at least one of which is peer-reviewed). The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find these resources!
- Format your entire paper according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.Your paper must include an introduction, a body with at least two fully developed paragraphs, and a conclusion.
- Your paper must be well written using excellent grammar and style techniques. Be concise. Be logical. You are being graded in part on the quality of your writing. If you need assistance with your writing style, start with Tools for Effective Writing at the CSU-Global Library, accessible from the Library’s homepage.
Review the Portfolio Milestone Rubric located in the Module 2 folder for grading details for this assignment.