Welcome to your first week of NR305, Health Assessment! Health assessment is a method of collecting data to determine the client’s current health status, predict health risks, and identify ways to promote healthier lifestyles/habits. Physical assessment is one part of the health assessment. In addition to the physical assessment, the nurse uses other sources such as the interview, documentation of findings, and interpretation of findings to formulate a plan of care for the client. In this course, we will be focusing mainly on the health assessment of the whole person while incorporating all the factors that influence one’s health and healthcare. This week, you will become familiar with evidenced-based health assessment and how it can be used in professional nursing practice. We will also discuss the factors that can influence health assessment and health promotion.
This week, you will focus on the following.
- Various definitions of health (CO 1)
- The importance of evidenced-based health assessment (CO 1)
- Health promotion for the individual, family, and community (CO 2)
- Cultural phenomena that affect health assessment (CO 3)
- The role of critical thinking and the role of the professional nurse in health assessment (COs 4 and 5)
Utilize prior knowledge of theories and principles of nursing and related disciplines to explain expected client behaviors, while differentiating between normal findings, variations, and abnormalities. (PO #1)
- Discuss various definitions of health.
- Explain Healthy People 2020and the relevance to health assessment.
Recognize the influence that developmental stages have on physical, psychosocial, cultural, and spiritual functioning. (PO #1)
- Discuss health promotion for the individual, family, and community.
Utilize effective communication when performing a health assessment. (PO #3)
- Discuss cultural phenomena that affect health assessment.
Identify teaching/learning needs from the health history of an individual. (PO #2)
- Describe the role of critical thinking and the role of the nurse in health assessment.
Explore the professional responsibilities involved in conducting a comprehensive health assessment and provide appropriate documentation. (PO #6)
- Describe the role of the professional nurse in health assessment.
Do you need help with any NR305- Health Assessment homework? At My Nursing Paper we proficient nursing writers ready to assist you.