Purpose of Assignment
The Week 1 assignment allows students to explore a company that they are familiar with and relate this to their own experiences to determine the importance of the mission and vision of a business as well as the influence this may have on their own role. The assignment will also allow the student to explore the effects of a company not having a mission statement.
Resources: Week 1 textbook readings
Choose a company that has both a mission and vision statement. This can be the same company you will choose for the assignments for Weeks 2-5. (That is, if you are starting a division of a company instead of starting a business of your own.)
( MY OWN BUSINESS: Small Bar: Name-LIGHTS OUT )
Prepare a 700- to 900-word summary in which you address the following:
- Identify and STATE the company’s mission statement.
- Identify and STATE the company’s vision statement.
- Explain what role these have on the way the business operates. Evaluate whether the company’s actions seem to align to their vision and mission statements.
- Examine how the mission and vision of the organization might affect or guide you as an employee or manager in the company.
- Analyze what you think would be the effect if the company did not have a mission statement.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Cite two peer-reviewed references.
Strategic Management: A Competitive Advantage Approach (16th Edition)
BY: Fred R. David & Forest R. David