APA format and all work must be original.
Walden University provides a diverse community of career professionals with the opportunity to transform themselves as scholar-practitioners so that they can effect positive social change.
Walden University envisions a distinctively different 21st-century learning community where knowledge is judged worthy to the degree that it can be applied by its graduates to the immediate solutions of critical societal challenges, thereby advancing the greater global good.
Walden University strives to produce graduates with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Facilitate positive social change where they work, in their communities, and in society.
- Use their knowledge to positively impact their profession, communities, and society.
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning.
- Apply their learning to specific problems and challenges in their workplace and professional settings.
- Demonstrate information literacy.*
- Demonstrate an understanding of the methods of inquiry used in their professional or academic field.
- Practice legal and ethical integrity in their professional work.
- Effectively communicate their ideas and the rationale behind them to others.
- Support diversity and multiculturalism within their profession, communities, and society.
Reflecting on these resources, consider what Walden’s mission, vision, and outcomes mean to you and how they relate to your professional goals and development. With these thoughts in mind, Write a 1- to 2-page paper in which you:
- Describe your professional goals and identify how your studies at Walden will help you to achieve them.
- Choose one particular goal described in the first part of your paper and elaborate on how this goal will affect your development as a scholar-practitioner at Walden.
- Identify how your role as a scholar-practitioner will help you to become an agent of change and innovation, both professionally and socially.