1) Identify a specific health care policy (e.g., Medicare/Medicaid, Social Security, Affordable Health Care Act, etc.) from http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/ or similar websites.
2) In a flow chart, illustrate how the health care policy became law. The flow chart should include a historical timeline from the introduction of the law to its implementation. To create the flowchart, use the “Concept Mapping and Graphing Tool.” After completing the flowchart, save the document as an Acrobat PDF file.
3) In addition, develop a short narrative (700 words) which describes the expected effects of the health care policy on specific health outcomes.
4) While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
5) This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.