M2A2 Marketing Plan: Find Your Marketing Plan Template
- Due Jan 20, 2019 by 11:59pm
- Points 100
- Submitting a text entry box or a file upload
Throughout this course, you will develop a marketing plan for an existing product or service. In each module, you will complete a component of your marketing plan. A marketing plan serves to form the basis of a marketing strategy.
In this module, you will identify a product or service, and you will research, select, and submit a marketing template to use for developing your plan. You may either explore existing marketing plans through Internet research, or you may use the following marketing template:
SAMPLE – Marketing Plan Template
The Formal Marketing Plan (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and Informal Marketing Plan (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. links provide useful information for you to get started. Also, the following sample marketing plan may be useful to gain a better understanding of the expectations for your final marketing plan project:
SAMPLE – Final Marketing Plan
Your final marketing plan must include the following information:
- Introduction (including product/service, purpose, audience, and product life cycle)
- Marketing Environment (including competitive, economic, political, legal, technological, and sociological forces)
- Marketing Objectives
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Mix (4 Ps/7 Ps, to include product, price, place, and promotion)
- Marketing Segmentation (including target markets)
- SWOT Analysis
- Competitor Analysis
- Advertising Approach/Strategy
For this activity, submit your marketing plan template, identifying your selected product/service, to your instructor for evaluation and approval.
Things to Remember!
- Select an existing product or service that you are excited about or have a particular interested in researching.
- Choose a marketing template that best supports your product/service. You may use the sample template provided, or you may select a different template with instructor approval. Although your final marketing plan may vary from APA formatting, it must be a professional document.
- Be creative … this is a marketing class!
Module 2: Module Wrap-up
Once you have completed the items listed below, you are ready to proceed to the next module. Please check the schedule in the syllabus to find the date that the next module begins. If you have any questions, please post them to the Course-Related Questions discussion area.
- Module Notes:
- May the Forces of Marketing be with You!
- Pages 43-48 of Tanner, J. & Raymond, M. A. (2010). Principles of marketing (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Retrieved from http://www.saylor.org/site/textbooks/Principles%20…
- Module Notes:
- M2D1: Factors that Affect Marketing
- M2A2: Marketing Plan: Find Your Marketing Plan Template