Multicultural and Social Issues in Psychology
Answer every question using 150 words each. Must be original work and must cite work using APA guidelines.
1. Does an individual’s membership in a diverse population define his or her personality, or does the personality determine the diverse populations to which the person will belong?
2. What do you see as the similarities and differences in social situational (as seen in social psychology) and cultural (as seen in multicultural and cross cultural psychology) factors which influence human behavior?
3. Do our personalities influence which type of groups we join? Or do we join a particular group which influence who we are?
4. What is the significance of diversity when everyone is diverse in some way?
5. How can learning from one another help you better understand other cultures?
6. How can culture influence the way we act?
7. Describe how you will apply that learning in your daily life, including your work life.
8. Describe what may be unclear to you, and what you would like to learn.