Select a CCRS related to Number and Operations in Fractions. Using the “Class Profile,” create three lesson plans with activities that:
- Use models in fraction tasks, including area, length, and set/quantity models;
- Emphasize academic language, including partitioning, sharing tasks, and iterating; and
- Explore equivalent fractions
Visit the Teaching Channel website and review three videos of teachers teaching fractions. Write a 250-500 word review of what you observed and support your review with references to the assigned readings.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
TEACHING CHANNEL REF PAGE
USE THIS WEBSITE TO WRITE THE LESSON PLANS IT SAID
weekly reading resources
Explore the Cyberchase website.
2. Developing Effective Fractions Instruction for Kindergarten through 8th Grade
Read pages 1-46 “Developing Effective Fractions Instruction for Kindergarten through 8th Grade,” located on the Institute of Education Sciences website.
3. Federal Research Suggests New Approach to Teaching Fractions
Read “Federal Research Suggests New Approach to Teaching Fractions,” by Sparks, from Education Week (2013).
4. Fraction Bars
Explore fraction concepts with fraction bars on the Math Playground website.
5. Fractions: The New Frontier for Theories of Numerical Development
Read “Fractions: The New Frontier for Theories of Numerical Development,” by Siegler, Fazio, Bailey, and Zhou, located on the Carnegie Mellon website.
6. Number & Operations – Fractions
Read “Number & Operations – Fractions,” located on the Common Core State Standards Initiative website.
PLEASE USE THESE AFTER WRITING THE REFLECTION