Health Promotion Plan Thesis
Health Promotion Plan
Develop a hypothetical health promotion plan, 3-4 pages in length, addressing a specific health concern for an individual or a group living in the community that you identified from the topic list provided.
· Choose a specific health concern or health need as the focus of your hypothetical health promotion plan. Then, investigate your chosen concern or need and best practices for health improvement, based on supporting evidence.
. Teen Pregnancy.
. LGBTQIA + Health.
. Sudden Infant Death (SID).
. Tobacco use (include all: vaping e-cigarettes, hookah, chewing tobacco, and smoking) cessation. (MUST address all tobacco products).
· Create a scenario as if this project was being completed face-to-face.
· Identify the chosen population and include demographic data (location, lifestyle, age, race, ethnicity, gender, marital status, income, education, employment).
· Describe in detail the characteristics of your chosen hypothetical individual or group for this activity and how they are relevant to this targeted population.
· Discuss why your chosen population is predisposed to this health concern or health need and why they can benefit from a health promotion educational plan.
· Based on the health concern for your hypothetical individual or group, discuss what you would include in the development of a sociogram. Take into consideration possible social, economic, cultural, genetic, and/or lifestyle behaviors that may have an impact on health as you develop your educational plan in your first assessment. You will take this information into consideration when you develop your educational plan in your fourth assessment.
· Identify the individual or group’s current behaviors and outline clear expectations for this educational session and offer suggestions for how the individual or group needs can be met.
· Health promotion goals need to be clear, measurable, and appropriate for this activity. Consider goals that will foster behavior changes and lead to the desired outcomes.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 1: Analyze health risks and health care needs among distinct populations.
. Analyze a community health concern that is the focus of a health promotion plan.
· Competency 2: Propose health promotion strategies to improve the health of populations.
. Explain why a health concern is important for health promotion within a specific population.
. Establish agreed-upon health goals in collaboration with participants.
· Competency 5: Apply professional, scholarly communication strategies to lead health promotion and improve population health.
. Organize content so ideas flow logically with smooth transitions; contains few errors in grammar/punctuation, word choice, and spelling.
. Apply APA formatting to in-text citations and references exhibiting nearly flawless adherence to APA format.