Lippincott Clinical Experiences Simulation-Public Health Nursing and Post-Disaster Recovery: Flood Zone (4 clinical hours equivalency)
DUE NO LATER THAN SUNDAY OF WEEK 8.
These are the instructions for accessing the Lippincott Clinical Experiences Simulation.
1. If you don’t already have access to Lippincott CoursePoint for Community, Public, and Population Health Nursing, redeem your ACCESS CODE (obtained from the bookstore) and complete registration at http://thePoint.lww.com/activate
2. From the â€œMy Contentâ€ page, click on Lippincott CoursePoint for Community, Public, and Population Health Nursing
3. On the welcome screen or from â€œMy Classesâ€, select â€œJoin a Classâ€, enter your CLASS CODE (from bookstore) and click â€œEnrollâ€
If you experience any problems, check the code again and re-enter it. If it does not work, contact Lippincott Online Product Support at 1-800-468-1128 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Not sure what an ACCESS CODE is?Learn more at http://thepoint.lww.com/Help/BookAccess.
You must successfully complete MODULE #4 in the Lippincott Clinical Experiences (located on The Point) to earn 8 hours of clinical equivalency.
MODULE #4: Public Health Nursing and Post-Disaster Recovery: Rural Flood Zone
Activity #1: Virtual Experience
Within the virtual experience (available via Lippincott thePoint), you will observe various “choose the best responses” to the interactive conversation between the Hernandez family, nurse Julia, and the county environmental health officer. You must make notes, collect data and save them within the virtual experience as you proceed through the simulation.
Activity #2: Jones Family’s Health Needs Post-Flood Analysis
You will analyze the story of the Marcus and Bernita Jones Family from the virtual world activity. You will use what you know about Marcus and Bernita to identify and address the Jones’ health needs during the immediate post-flood recovery timeframe. You must make notes, collect data and save them within the virtual experience as you proceed through the simulation.
Upon completion of the virtual experience with the Jones family, you should review the notes and data collected. Next, using the table template provided, address the multiple assessment areas including:
* Identify the known data and the gaps related to each area of assessment.
* Identify the Jones’ family resources and gaps in resources needed for them to attend to their chronic health issues and immediate needs. In addition, consider the strengths and challenges of the Jones family.
* Identify teaching needs and/or nursing concerns related to what the Jones family is experiencing.
* Propose nursing actions and/or mobilization of resources to address the identified teaching needs and nursing concerns.
Finally…submit the completed table for grading. You must label your file using this format: LastName_FirstName_LCE_Disaster
You are required to use the template provided.
Activity #3: Post-Activity Quiz–Complete the post-quiz activity that is located on thePoint for this module.
Please note that ALL assignments must be completed before the end of the course in order to receive a passing grade. Failure to do so will result in a “F” and will require repeating the cour