BSN 425 Hallmark Guidelines
· Write an 8-10 page paper (number of pages, excluding title and reference pages).
· Identify how you met the eight outcomes in this course (see below)
Explain some of the concepts and exemplars with evidence-based practice information
Reflecting on your takeaways from each objective as described by the objectives such as analyze, demonstrate, communicate, etc.
Compares/contrasts perspectives, considers counter-arguments or opposing positions,
and Evaluate original and thoughtful conclusions with future implications.
· Use proper APA formatting
in-text citations – in each objective discussion supporting what is written and giving credit to your resources of information
references – minimum of (4) research sources with at least 2 sources from a periodical database (peer reviewed), are relevant, accurate, recent (less than 5 years old) and reliable and add to the
strength of the content.
Write in third person (except for reflection portion may be in first person)
· Format of Paper – arranged logically, flows smoothly, includes all components of a formal paper and addresses all objectives.
a cover (title) page
headings – shortened eight objectives
Note: A zero will be given for all Hallmark assignments submitted late.
Eight (8) objectives:
Patient centered care of the older adult population
· Analyze issues and scenarios related to gerontological nursing, demonstrating leadership and caring while providing culturally-competent, client-centered care to the older adult population.
Intentional learning in caring for the older adult client
· Demonstrate intentional learning with reflection as it relates to caring for the older adult client.
Evidence based gerontological nursing concepts
· Understand and apply the integration of evidence in supporting concepts and processes which relate to gerontological nursing concepts.
Assessment of the Older Adult Clients
· Demonstrate clinical reasoning and decision-making skills while assessing the older adult clients’ health care needs and interventions.
Leadership in older adult client assessments and interventions
· Demonstrate leadership in organizational, local, and global environments as it relates to client assessment and intervention with older adult clients.
Therapeutic communication with the older adult clients
· Communicate effectively and therapeutically with older adult clients, documenting as is appropriate.
Culturally-competent safe practices in caring for the older adult population
· Propose culturally-competent nursing care which promotes standard safe practices along with error and hazard prevention and quality improvement practices as it relates to clients in the older adult population.
Team approach to collaborative client care in promoting health in the older adult population
· Participate as a collaborative team member in understanding and implementing client care and in promoting the health of clients in the older adult population.