BSN 425 Hallmark Guidelines
· Write an 8-10 page paper (number of pages, excluding title and reference pages).
· Identify how you met the eight outcomes in this course (see below)
Explain some of the concepts and exemplars with evidence-based practice information
Reflecting on your takeaways from each objective as described by the objectives such as analyze, demonstrate, communicate, etc.
Compares/contrasts perspectives, considers counter-arguments or opposing positions,
and Evaluate original and thoughtful conclusions with future implications.
· Use proper APA formatting
in-text citations – in each objective discussion supporting what is written and giving credit to your resources of information
references – minimum of (4) research sources with at least 2 sources from a periodical database (peer-reviewed), is relevant, accurate, recent (less than 5 years old) and reliable and add to the
strength of the content.
Write in third person (except for reflection portion may be in first person)
· Format of Paper – arranged logically, flows smoothly, includes all components of a formal paper, and addresses all objectives.
a cover (title) page
headings – shortened eight objectives
Note: A zero will be given for all Hallmark assignments submitted late.
Eight (8) objectives:
Patient-centered care of the older adult population
· Analyze issues and scenarios related to gerontological nursing, demonstrating leadership and caring while providing culturally-competent, client-centered care to the older adult population.
Intentional learning in caring for the older adult client
· Demonstrate intentional learning with reflection as it relates to caring for the older adult client.
Evidence-based gerontological nursing concepts
· Understand and apply the integration of evidence in supporting concepts and processes which relate to gerontological nursing concepts.
Assessment of the Older Adult Clients
· Demonstrate clinical reasoning and decision-making skills while assessing the older adult clients’ health care needs and interventions.
Leadership in older adult client assessments and interventions
· Demonstrate leadership in organizational, local, and global environments as it relates to client assessment and intervention with older adult clients.
Therapeutic communication with the older adult clients
· Communicate effectively and therapeutically with older adult clients, documenting as is appropriate.
Culturally-competent safe practices in caring for the older adult population
· Propose culturally-competent nursing care which promotes standard safe practices along with error and hazard prevention and quality improvement practices as it relates to clients in the older adult population.
A team approach to collaborative client care in promoting health in the older adult population
· Participate as a collaborative team member in understanding and implementing client care and in promoting the health of clients in the older adult population.