In this assignment we examine the legal and ethical implications of fraud and abuse with Medicare. Use the internet to identify a real-world case of Medicare fraud and/or abuse. Write a 4-5 page report using your knowledge of health law and ethics to analyze this case.
Your report should address the following substantive requirements:
- Description of what occurred, who was affected, and why
- Assess the case from the following perspectives:
- Ethical – identify the ethical principles involved in this situation from the perspective of all those involved.
- Legal – what are the legal implications and what laws or statutes were involved?
- Provide two recommendations for how to manage this case from the perspective of the healthcare organization involved. What could have been done to prevent this situation?
- Recommend next steps to manage this case.
Your report should meet the following structural requirements:
- Be 4-5 pages in length, not including the cover or reference pages.
- Be formatted according to APA Requirements.
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of four (4) scholarly articles. Two (2) of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but two (2) must be external.
- Utilize the following headings to organize the content in your work.