Select a community organization or group that you feel would be interested in learning about ethical and policy issues that affect the coordination of care. Create a detailed narrative script or speakers notes, 4-5 pages in length.
Your manager has suggested the following community organizations and support groups, but acknowledges that the choice is yours.
- Homeless shelters.
- Local religious groups.
- Nursing homes.
- Local community organizations (Rotary Club or Kiwanis Club).
For this assessment:
- Choose the community organization or support group that you plan to address.
- Develop typed speaker notes (the script for your voice recording) , intended for that audience.
The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the Ethical and Policy Factors in Care Coordination Scoring Guide, so be sure to address each point.
- Explain how governmental policies related to the health and/or safety of the community affect the coordination of care.
- -Provide examples of a specific policy affecting the organization or group.
- -Be sure influential policies include the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA).
- Identify national, state, and local policy provisions that raise ethical questions or dilemmas for care coordination.
- -What are the implications and consequences of specific policy provisions?
- -What evidence do you have to support your conclusions?
- Assess the impact of the code of ethics for nurses on the coordination and continuum of care.
- -Consider the factors that contribute to health, health disparities, and access to services.
- -Consider the social determinants of health identified in Healthy People 2020 as a framework for your assessment.
- -Provide evidence to support your conclusions.
- Communicate key ethical and policy issues in a presentation affecting the coordination and continuum of care for a selected community organization or support group.
- -Present a concise overview.
- -Support your main points and conclusions with relevant and credible evidence.
Cite 3-5 credible sources from peer-reviewed journals or professional industry publications to support your presentation. Include your source citations on a references page appended to your narrative script. Sources should be recent (5 years old or less).