The Role and Impact of Hospitals (Paper)
Feldstein (2012) indicates that the hospital is the most important institutional setting for the delivery of medical services because it represents “the largest single health care expenditure category,” and it has been “the beneficiary of much federal and state legislation” (p. 292).
For this assignment, prepare an economic analysis brief that describes the role and impact of hospitals in the healthcare industry in the United States or abroad to demonstrate an understanding of Module 5. Discuss and synthesize key elements from at least two recent scholarly articles (found in the CSU-Global Library) that address one of the following points:
- Determine the performance of the hospital industry.
- Apply economic models, theories, or assumptions.
- Offer objective methods for attempting to predict future market behavior in response to events, trends, and cycles.
- Assess economic policy recommendations for healthcare stakeholders.
Your analysis should be thoughtful and thorough, well written, and formatted as follows:
- Title page
- Introduction – What is the topic, why is it important, and what are the objectives of your brief?
- Body – What are the key elements of the scholarly articles that support the objectives of your brief? What economic models or concepts apply?
- Conclusion – What are the future implications, policy recommendations, etc.?
- Reference page.