DUE SUNDAY OF WEEK 5.
Dementia is a general term for a decline in mental ability severe enough to interfere with daily life. Memory loss is an example. Alzheimerâ€™s is the most common type of dementia and accounts for 60-80% of all causes of dementia. Dementia is a common community concern.
This case study begins with the following scenario:
Butch is a resident of Pineville Estates, a local long-term care facility the past four months because his dementia progressed and his wife Rita was unable to care for him.
When Rita visited Butch this morning, she reports to the nurse that he is more confused and is concerned because Butch is easily angered. Butch insists that he sees his friend Roger, who served with him in the Navy, is in the room, but he died ten years ago.
Rita approaches the nursing station with tears in her eyes and states, â€œWhat is happening to my husband? This just isnâ€™t like Butch to act like this! Please do something to help him!â€
1. Open the Dementia Case Study
2. DOWNLOAD the Case Study to your computer or laptop.
3. Read the Case study
4. Review the grading rubric.
5. Comprehensively answer ALL the questions embedded in the Case Study. Each light blue section of the Case study Template must be completed to earn full points. You must type right into the Case Study Template.
6. Save the document to your computer/laptop utilizing this format for the file name (REQUIRED): Last name_FirstName_NUR4636_DementiaCaseStudy
7. When you have completed the assignment to your satisfaction, upload the document to Blackboard to the Dementia Case Study Submission section under Week 5, for grading.