Click to view the Death with Dignity scenario.
In the scenario assignments, you are asked to reflect on responses to the presented scenario. It should not just be writing down your first reaction or what you already know.
Reflection involves critical thinking, which means rethinking your existing knowledge and previously held opinions in light of what we have learned about theories of ethics, logic, and reasoning. You will need to question your current knowledge and beliefs.
Discuss the main points of the debate, what stance you take, support that stance, and discuss the opposing argument. Also, discuss an ethical theory that would apply to defend your view.
To complete each scenario assignment:
1. Complete the entire scenario.
2. Compose your reflection in a Word document and be sure to address, at a minimum, the following questions:
· Why do you feel the way you do about the issue presented?
· Of the four responses offered in the scenario, which do you think is the most ethical and why?
3. Support your conclusions with evidence and specific examples from the textbook, including a minimum of one theory of ethics to defend your stance.
4. Your reflection must be 1-2 pages in length and follow APA formatting and citation guidelines as appropriate, making sure to cite at least two sources.
5. Review the rubric for specific grading criteria.
Points: 50 eac
PHIL_434_OL – Learning Scenario Reflection (1)
|PHIL_434_OL – Learning Scenario Reflection (1)|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeIdentification of Main Issues||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeLinks to Course Readings and Additional Research||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeWriting Mechanics and APA Formatting Guidelines||
|Total Points: 50|