- Students will select one nursing research article that focuses on a study that used Jean Watsonâ€™s Theory of Human Caring as a theoretical framework.
- Students should use as a guide, an appropriate Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist found in Melnyk & Fineout-Overholt (2019; pp. 708-722).
- The critiques are to be informal, although correct grammar, spelling, etc., are expected. The critique should include a brief description of the study that was reviewed and should address elements of the study relevant to critique.
- Students will provide a written critique on a critical appraisal of the elements relevant to the nature of the research study such as type of study, design, quality of the study; and rationale, as well as implications for practice and further research and/or evaluation.
- Length: 4-5 pages (including title and reference pages)
- Format: Formal paper in APA 7th ed format
- Citations: If used (not required) cite references according to APA 7th ed.
The grade will be based on accuracy, level of content and structure of the document.
The purpose of this assignment is to offer students the opportunity to be exposed to Human Caring Science while providing students with the skills of critical appraisal of evidence.
* PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF IN NEED OF THE APPRAISAL CHECKLISTS- THERE ARE MANY AND DEPENDING ON THE TYPE OF RESEARCH THEY VARY