Research a selected local, national, or global nonprofit organization or government agency (American Red Cross). Determine how the organization or agency contributes to public health and safety improvements, promotes equal opportunity, and improves the quality of life within the community. Submit your findings in a 3â€“5 page report.
The research requirements, outlined below, correspond to the grading criteria in the assessment scoring guide, so be sure to address each point.
- Explain how the organizationâ€™s mission and vision enable it to contribute to public health and safety improvements.
- Include examples of ways a local and/or global initiative supports organizational mission and vision and promotes public health and safety.
- Evaluate an organizationâ€™s ability to promote equal opportunity and improve the quality of life in the community.
- Consider the effects of social, cultural, economic, and physical barriers.
- Assess the impact of funding sources, policy, and legislation on the organizationâ€™s provision of services.
- Consider the potential implications of funding decisions, policy, and legislation for individuals, families, and aggregates within the community.
- Explain how an organizationâ€™s work impacts the health and/or safety needs of a local community.
- Consider how nurses might become involved with the organization.
- Organize content so ideas flow logically with smooth transitions; contains few errors in grammar/punctuation, word choice, and spelling.
- Apply APA formatting to in-text citations and references exhibiting nearly flawless adherence to APA format.
- Write with a specific purpose and audience in mind.
- Adhere to scholarly and disciplinary writing standards and APA formatting requirements.
Cite at least three credible sources from peer-reviewed journals or professional industry publications published within the past 5 years that support your research findings.