PHT 2287 Cardiopulmonary Conditions Project
This project will consist of:
Instructions: Write a paper related to your assigned cardiopulmonary condition then summarize the paper in a presentation of no more than 15 minutes.
Content: The paper must at minimum address all of the topics/questions on the next page. Any information that is specific to your condition should also be included. The paper should be at least 6 pages in length (this does not included introduction page and reference page).
Sources: The paper should be based on the Essentials of Cardiopulmonary Physical therapy textbook and any other textbooks utilized or accessible in the program or library. The paper MUST contain a MINIMUM of 4 research articles from a scholarly journal no older than 2017.
Format/Style: The paper and references (both books and journals) must be in APA style 7th Edition (See Writing Lab for assistance)
Intellectual property: All content in the paper must be your own thoughts. All information taken from textbooks, scholarly journals or other sources must be cited within the paper and cited in the references. Any plagiarism will result in an automatic “0” on the project. The similarity index for submission must be 25% or less.
Cardiopulmonary Conditions Instructions
(Must be included in paper and discussed in presentation)
1. What population is this condition typically found in?
2. How does the condition typically occur? What is the etiology?
3. What anatomical structures are involved?
4. What medical interventions are required?
5. What precautions or contraindications must the Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) be aware of during the patient’s medical treatment and/or during recovery?
6. What is the typical time frame for patient full recovery OR how long following medical intervention until the patient is considered able to return to full functional abilities (or return to the prior level of function (PLOF)).
7. What types of PT interventions are typically used to treat the condition during the:
a. acute phase
b. functional phase
8. Are there any recommended interventions that do not fall under the PTA’s scope of work?
9. Create an example daily treatment plan for the patient 3 weeks following injury/medical intervention based on information found during your research.