Task Type: Individual Project Deliverable Length: see assignment details
Due Date: 10/31/2014 11:59:59 PM CT [removed]
Need 2-4 APA References!!!!
Prepare, in a table format, a SWOTT analysis on any real company in the auto industry. As you prepare your analysis, it must be based on the following definitions for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats, and trends.
- Strengths: These are characteristics of a company that are stronger than its competitors are. If a company is good at something, but its competitors are as well, then it is not a strength.
- Weaknesses: These are characteristics of a company that are weaker than its competitors are. If a company is weak at something, but its competitors are as well, then it is not a weakness.
- Opportunities: These are issues that are external to a company that can affect the company and its competitors in a favorable way.
- Threats: These are issues that are external to a company that can affect the company and its competitors in an unfavorable way.
- Trends: These are developing opportunities and threats.
The table should have columns with the following labels:
It should have at least eight rows for factors that are important to the success of a firm in that particular industry including:
- Type of Corporation
- Federal Regulations and Liability
- Price, Cost, Supply and Demand
- Code of Conduct
- Globalization, Global Trade and Global Strategy
- Labor, Employment Law, and Discrimination
- Economic Conditions (including Monetary Policy, Inflation, and Recession)
- Contracts and Intellectual Property
Cells should have one to two sentences of explanation as to why each has been identified as a strength, weakness, opportunity, threat, or trend. Not every identified factor will have all of its row of cells annotated.