Benchmark Nursing Process Approach to Care
The nursing process is a tool that puts knowledge into practice. By utilizing this systematic problem-solving method, nurses can determine the health care needs of an individual and provide personalized care.
Write a paper (1,750-2,000 words) on cancer and approach to care based on the utilization of the nursing process. Include the following in your paper:
- Describe the diagnosis and staging of cancer.
- Describe at least three complications of cancer, the side effects of treatment, and methods to lessen physical and psychological effects.
- Discuss what factors contribute to the yearly incidence and mortality rates of various cancers in Americans.
- Explain how the American Cancer Society (Benchmark Nursing Process Approach to Care ) might provide education and support. What ACS services would you recommend and why?
- Explain how the nursing process is utilized to provide safe and effective care for cancer patients across the life span. Your explanation should include each of the five phases and demonstrate the delivery of holistic and patient-focused care.
- Discuss how undergraduate education in liberal arts and science studies contributes to the foundation of nursing knowledge and prepares nurses to work with patients utilizing the nursing process. Consider mathematics, social and physical sciences, and science studies as an interdisciplinary research area.
You are required to cite to a minimum of four sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and relevant to nursing practice.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
2.1: Incorporate liberal arts and science studies into nursing knowledge.
3.1 Utilize the nursing process to provide safe and effective care for patients across the life span.
There are significant omissions.A general description summarizes the diagnosis and staging of cancer. There are inaccuracies. Some information is needed.A description of the diagnosis and staging of cancer is presented. There are very minor inaccuracies. Some detail is needed for clarity.A detailed description of the diagnosis and staging of cancer presented. The description is informative and well-developed.Complications of Cancer, Side Effects of Treatment, and Methods to Lessen Physical and Psychological Effects15.0Three complications of cancer, side effects of treatment, and methods to lessen the physical and psychological effects are omitted.Fewer than two complications of cancer are described. The side effects of treatment and methods to lessen the physical and psychological effects are partially presented. There are major inaccuracies.At least three complications of cancer are generally described. The side effects of treatment and methods to lessen the physical and psychological effects are summarized. There are Benchmark Nursing Process Approach to Care