Assignment 2: Digital Clinical Experience: Focused Exam: Cough
- Review this week’s Learning Resources and consider the insights they provide related to ears, nose, and throat.
- Review the Shadow Health Resources provided in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources specifically the tutorial to guide you through the documentation and interpretation within the Shadow Health platform. Review the examples also provided.
- Review the DCE (Shadow Health) Documentation Template for Focused Exam: Cough found in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources and use this template to complete your Documentation Notes for this DCE Assignment.
- Access and login to Shadow Health using the link in the left-hand navigation of the Blackboard classroom.
- Review the Week 5 Focused Exam: Cough Rubric provided in the Assignment submission area for details on completing the Assignment in Shadow Health.
- Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to gather more information about the patient’s condition. How would the results be used to make a diagnosis?
Focused Exam: Cough Assignment:
Complete the following in Shadow Health:
- Respiratory Concept Lab (Required)
- Episodic/Focused Note for Focused Exam: Cough
- HEENT (Recommended but not required)
Note: Each Shadow Health Assessment may be attempted and reopened as many times as necessary prior to the due date to achieve a total of 80% or better (this includes your DCE and your Documentation Notes), but you must take all attempts by the Week 5 Day 7 deadline.
Submission and Grading Information
By Day 7 of Week 5
- Complete your Focused Exam: Cough DCE Assignment in Shadow Health via the Shadow Health link in Blackboard.
- Once you complete your Assignment in Shadow Health, you will need to download your lab pass and upload it to the corresponding assignment in Blackboard for your faculty review.
- (Note: Please save your lab pass as â€œLastName_FirstName_AssignmentNameâ€.) You can find instructions for downloading your lab pass here: https://link.shadowhealth.com/download-lab-pass
- Complete your documentation using the documentation template in your resources and submit it into your Assignment submission link below.
- From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database
- Complete the Code of Conduct Acknowledgement.