Analytical paper comparing linear model of leadership and complexity model.describe your organization’s stage of development, from very linear to becoming a ”complex adaptive system”
Analytical paper comparing linear model of leadership and complexity model.
Conduct an organizational assessment to answer the following:
a) describe your organization’s stage of development, from very linear to becoming a ”complex adaptive system”
b) discuss how the style and actions of leadership affected the organization’s stage of development
You need to use the following concepts/information to describe the assessment and answer this question:
— four (4) components of the Complexity Leadership Model discussed in the text Complexity Leadership (p. 4).
– complexity science concepts discussed in Complexity Leadership, Table 2.1 (pp. 20-23)
– concepts in mechanistic and complexity paradigms in Complexity Leadership, Table 3.1 (p. 44)
– concepts in linear and complexity approaches in Complexity Leadership, Table 3.2 (p. 45)
– the linear-versus-complexity organization and leadership matrix in Complexity Leadership (p. 46)
Creating a chart to describe your assessment, based on applicable concepts and placement on the matrix, may be the best way to present this information.
2. Individually complete the ”Complexity Leadership Assessment/ Profile” in the text Complexity Leadership (pp. 216-223).
a) Submit a summary of your strengths and areas to improve based on your profile.
b) Describe your plan to enhance personal being and self-awareness, employing self-reflective and self-care practices, as discussed in Complexity Leadership, Unit 3 (pp. 157-207).
3. Describe how the concept of ”clinical microsystem thinking” is applied and implemented within your organization.
Clinical microsystems are discussed in Advanced Practice Nursing: Emphasizing Common Roles , pp. 402-403; also Complexity Leadership, pp. 59-63.
***If this concept is NOT currently being utilized within your organization:
a) identify the status of any plans to do so
b) project how the clinical microsystem approach can be used, comparing it to current/past improvement processes you have experienced
4. Analyze the use of Master’s-prepared nurses functioning within your organization based on the following:
a) Describe the Master’s-prepared nurses employed within your organization, not just your work setting/unit.
– those functioning in Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) roles – NP, CNS, CNM, or CRNA
The post Analytical paper comparing linear model of leadership and complexity model.describe your organization’s stage of development, from very linear to becoming a ”complex adaptive system” appeared first on My Nursing Paper.