The purpose of this assignment is to create an educational program that supports the implementation of risk management strategies in a health care organization.
In this assignment, you will develop an outline for an “in‐service”‐style educational risk management program for employees of a particular health care organization that will then form the basis for a PowerPoint presentation in Topic 5. Select your topic for this educational session from one of the proposed recommendations or changes you suggested in the Risk Management Program Analysis – Part One assignment to enhance, improve, or secure compliance standards in your chosen risk management plan example.
Create a 500 word comprehensive outline that communicates the following about your chosen topic:
1. Introduction : Identify the risk management topic you have chosen to address and why it is important within your health care sector.
2. Rationale : Illustrate how this risk management strategy is lacking within your selected organization’s current risk management plan and explain how its implementation will better meet local, state, and federal compliance standards.
3. Support : Provide data that indicate the need for this proposed risk management initiative and demonstrate how it falls under the organization’s legal responsibility to provide a safe health care facility and work environment.
4. Implementation : Describe the steps to implement the proposed strategy in your selected health care organization.
5. Challenges : Predict obstacles the health care organization may face in executing this risk management strategy and propose solutions to navigate or preempt these potentially difficult outcomes.
6. Evaluation : Outline your plan to evaluate the success of the proposed risk management program and how well it meets the organization’s short-term, long-term, and end goals.
7. Opportunities : Recommend additional risk management improvements in adjacent areas of influence that the organization could or should address moving forward.
The purpose of this assignment is to create an educational risk management presentation.
Building upon the outline for an educational session you created in the Educational Program on Risk Management Part One: Outline of Topic 2 assignment, develop a 12 slide PowerPoint presentation that expands in greater detail on how and why your organization should implement your proposed risk management strategy. Incorporate any instructor feedback from the Topic 2 assignment into this presentation and include talking points in the speaker notes section of each slide.
Keep in mind that the PowerPoint is meant to serve as a visual aide to bolster your presentation and is intended to highlight main ideas and key points. Do not use dense blocks of text or more than 7 bullet points of text per slide. However, you may include supplementary images, graphs, and data where relevant.
To successfully complete this assignment, include the following sections as per your outline from Topic 2, though you may include any additional sections as needed:
You are required to support your statements with a minimum of six citations from appropriate credible sources.