The following course outcome is addressed in this Assignment:
PS504-2: Design a research study using relevant tools and methodology.
This Assignment is part of the Research Proposal that you will turn in at the end of Unit 9. This Assignment represents a draft of the Introduction section of your Research Proposal. It will be written as a standard paper, with title and references page. When it is revised for inclusion in your Final Project, some changes will need to be made, but if you have done well here, those changes will be minor.
The Introduction section of a Research Proposal includes an explanation of the topic (including some historical background to put things into context), a literature review of recently published research on the topic of the research being proposed (drawing from information collected during the Unit 2 Assignment and an overview of the proposed research question and hypotheses.
The length of this assignment should be 5–8 pages.
This is an outline of the Introduction section as it should be arranged:
- Formal title page
- Introduction section
- Introduction paragraph (with thesis statement)
- Background material – ensuring that the reader understands the research topic
- Literature review – clearly and completely discussing recent research on the topic using three to five peer-reviewed, scholarly sources
- The proposed research – What is the proposed research, why is it important?
- Define the research question and why it is important or useful to ask and answer the question
- Describe the hypothesis and how it will answer the research question
- Describe (briefly) the planned research and how it will evaluate the hypothesis
- A summary paragraph
- Formal References section
The Assignment should:
- Follow Assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
- Use correct APA formatting per the APA Publication Manual, (6th ed.).
- Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
- Be written in Standard American English and be clear, specific, and error-free. If needed, be sure to use the Kaplan University Writing Center for help.
Submitting Your Assignment
Put your Assignment in a Word document. Save it in a location that you will remember and with your full name along with the class number. When you are ready to submit it, click on the Dropbox and complete the steps below:
- Click the link that says “Submit an Assignment.”
- In the “Submit to Basket” menu, select Unit 4: Assignment.
- In the “Comments” field, include at least the title of your paper.
- Click the “Add Attachments” button.
- Follow the steps listed to attach your Word document.
- You should revisit the Dropbox to view any helpful feedback your instructor has left for you.
- Make sure that you save a copy of your submitted Assignment.