Accountable Care Organizations
Managed Care, Accountable Care Organizations, Health Care Consumer Plans/Models
For your Module 3 SLP, read the following article:
Rodak, S. (2012). 10 Pillars of Success for Top Healthcare Workplaces. Retrieved from http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/hospital-management-administration/10-pillars-of-success-for-top-healthcare-workplaces.html
You have been named the Administrative Director at Trident International Hospital (TIH) and will be presenting a PowerPoint (PPT) to the Board of Directors for approval. TIH is restructuring to meet the current needs of their consumers. The article discusses 10 pillars of success for top health care workplaces. In your PPT:
1. Present and discuss how these pillars are vital to TIH’s consumers, support services, business operations, and administration.
2. Research and select a health care model (i.e., Value Based, Volume Based, Fee-For-Service, Cost-Based, etc.) for TIH.
a. Provide rationale on how the selected model addresses the 10 pillars of success and will meet the current needs of TIH’s consumers.
Your PPT should be professional and provide substantial information. It should be 15-18 slides (not including the title and reference slide).
Speaker notes are required.
SLP Assignment Expectations
1. Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support the design of your PPT.
2. Limit your total PPT to a maximum of 18 slides, not including your title or reference slide.
3. Support your report with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals. Angelo State University Library (n.d.) Library guide: How to recognize peer reviewed (refereed journals). Retrieved from: https://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
4. You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment. Purdue Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). General APA guidelines. Retrieved from: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.
5. For additional information on reliability of sources review the following source. Georgetown University Library (n.d.) Evaluating internet resources. Retrieved from https://www.library.georgetown.edu/tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-content